1. “Account Information” refers to the meaning in section C(1)(a).
2. “Content” refers to the meaning in section C(1)(b).
3. “Facebook Account” refers to the Facebook account of the User
4. “Market Force Information Application” means the Market Force Information application from Us for use in Facebook.
5. “Public Information” refers to the meaning in section C(1)(c).
6. “Third Party Advertisers” refers to the meaning in section E.
7. “User Information” means information referred to in section C(1) below.
8. “User” refers to users of the Market Force Information Application including you
9. “We” and “Us” means Market Force Information (Europe) Limited.
1. We created the Market Force Information Application to make it easy for you to recommend product and service brands and locations to your friends on Facebook. Use of the Market Force Information Application often requires you to share with Us and other Users certain Content that you have provided to Us as a result of your use of the Market Force Information Application. In addition, portions of your Account Information such as your Facebook account name may be associated with your Content. However, we understand you may not want everyone in the world to have all the User Information available to the Market Force Information Application. As such, through your Facebook account settings, you control what User Information is made available to the Market Force Information Application, including your contact and personal information, pictures and interests.
2. Safe Use of the Market Force Information Application. All use of the Market Force Information Application takes place through Facebook and involves use of User Information that is made available by Facebook for use by the Market Force Information Application and involves the use Content that you input through your use of the Market Force Information Application. For further information about safe use of Facebook, see Safe Use of Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/facebook#/terms.php
C. COLLECTION AND USE OF USER INFORMATION AND CONTENT
1. The Information We Collect.
When you install and use the Market Force Information Application, we are provided access to various types of your personal information including:
a. We are provided with personal information that you knowingly disclosed to Facebook in your Facebook Account and that you allow to be provided through your Facebook Privacy Settings, which may include your name, your email address, your telephone number, your address, your gender, schools attended, and any other personal or preference information provided to Facebook and made available by Facebook to the Market Force Information Application (referred to as “Account Information”;
b. When you use the Market Force Information Application in any way, you may send messages, refer friends to Market Force Information, post comments and other material, and otherwise transmit information through various channels, all of which is collected and stored by us (referred to as “Content”);
c. We may also collect information about you from outside sources and other users of the Application (referred as “Public Information”)
(all of above is collectively referred to as “User Information”);
2. Use of User Information.
By using the Market Force Information Application, you consent to have your User Information transferred to, stored, and processed in the United Kingdom, and you consent that User Information may be used in any of the following ways:
a. We may occasionally use your User Information to send you notifications regarding new services or applications offered by Us and to notify you whether you have been selected as a contest winner in any sweepstakes or promotional contest that we may operate from time to time and for which you are eligible to enter.
b. We may send you Application-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the Application or Facebook. Generally, you may opt out of such emails by sending an emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying that you wish to opt out and indicating your Facebook user name, however, we reserve the right to send you notices regarding your specific use of the Market Force Information Application even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
c. We may use your User Information without identifying you as an individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as aggregating how many people in a network use the Market Force Information Application.
d. We may use Public Information to make the Market Force Information Application more beneficial and customized to you. If you do not want to this to be done or would like us to take other actions that limit the use of such Public Information, please email us at email@example.com specifying that you wish to opt out and indicating your Facebook user name.
e. We do not provide contact information to third party marketers without your permission. We share your User Information with third parties only in limited circumstances where we believe such sharing is (1) reasonably necessary to offer the Market Force Information Application, (2) legally required or, (3) permitted by you. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, for example, we may provide User Information to service providers to help us offer and operate the Application. Specifically, we may use third parties to facilitate our business, such as to host the User Information at a co-location facility for servers, to send out email updates about Market Force Information Application, to remove repetitive information from our User lists, to process payments for products or services, to offer an online job application process, or to provide search results or links (including sponsored links). In connection with these offerings and business operations, our service providers may have access to your User Information for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal information, we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the Market Force Information Application specified purposes.
f. Since the Market Force Information Application is considered as a Platform Application of Facebook, you may also opt-out of any sharing of certain of the Account Information through the Privacy Settings of your Facebook account. You can report to Facebook any suspected misuse of information that occurs as a result of the Market Force Information Application and they will investigate such claim.
g. We may be required to disclose User information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal User Information until we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards. Additionally, we may any other information about you in our possession or control when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Market Force Information Application, to protect improper use of the names “Market Force Information (Europe) Limited, or “Market Force Information”, or to prevent imminent bodily harm. This may include sharing information with Facebook officials, police, other companies, lawyers, agents, or government agencies.
h. The Market Force Information Application may permit you to share User Information with marketers or other companies who are offering services through the Market Force Information Application. You will be able to know when another company is involved in any service provided on Market Force Information Application, and we may share User Information with that company in connection with your use of that service offered by such company.
E. THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS
1. We take appropriate precautions to protect your User information and we have reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and interception of User Information by third parties. However, we assume no liability for interception, alteration or misuse of User Information transmitted over the Internet.
2. We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you may choose to share Content and User Information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that any Content you post or User Information made public from you as a result of your use of the Market Force Information Application will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Market Force Information Application or Facebook. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if the other Users have copied or stored your Content. We collect and retain Content and User Information so that we can provide you the features of the Market Force Information Application and to offer personalized features.
3. If you become aware of any third party that is collecting or misusing any Content or User Information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with any particulars so that we may investigate and take appropriate action.
G. REFERRALS AND PRIVACY
If you choose to refer friends to use the Market Force Information Application, we will ask you for information needed to send your friends an invitation to use the Market Force Information Application, such as the friend’s Facebook account name, their name, and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email or message through Facebook inviting him or her to install the Market Force Information Application and we may indicate that you have referred such person to us. We store the information you have provided to us so that we can send this one-time invitation and to track the number of referrals. Your friend may contact us at email@example.com to request that we remove this referral information from our database.
H. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
Children under the Age of 13. Market Force Information (Europe) Limited Inc. does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use the Market Force Information Application. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to install or use the Market Force Information Application, or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 13 should provide any personal information to us through the Market Force Information Application. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. However, we have no obligation to search for, confirm, or identify such information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13 please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide particulars of the situation.
I. CONTACTING MARKET FORCE INFORMATION (EUROPE) LIMITED.